Subject: Re: Replying versus deliberately sending to lightwave-l
From: [email-masked] (Bob Lindabury)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 94 17:48:16 EDT

> This private and other pointless subscription email is one reason I
> *really* believe that lightwave-l mail should come from an account named
> lightwave-info.  Thus anyone unthinkly replying would send their reply
> to lightwave-info, and their message would be reflected back to them
> ONLY, accompanied by a standard lightwave-l FAQ (how to subscribe, how
> to send messages to the whole list).
> 
> People who want to send to the whole list must instead deliberately send
> mail to lightwave-l.  Some mailer UIs allow you to change the To: line
> in the reply, others will have to start a fresh message (with or without
> forwarding the one they want to reply to).  I don't think this is
> onerous, and would cut down on the lazy or uninformed use of lightwave-l.

I don't agree. I feel it is much better to make it simple for people to reply 
to messages in this forum.  After all, we want it to be as easy as possible 
for those of use who really wish to reply to post articles.  Making it a chore 
for some will just hinder this.  I enjoy the ease of just replying to the 
articles without having to remember a bunch of list addresses.  After all, 
serveral of us subscribe to quite a few more lists then just the lightwave 
list. I would hate to have to remember addresses for each and every one of 
them so that I could post to them.  Besides, people usually figure it out 
pretty quickly once they post personal mail to the list once. <grin>

--
InterNet: [email-masked]            | Raven Enterprises
    UUCP: ...uunet!westmark!bobsbox!bobl       | 25 Raven Avenue
  BitNet: bobl%bobsbox.westmark.com@pucc       | Piscataway, NJ 08854
  Home #: +1 908/560-7353                      | Work #: +1 609/971-4057